For its enchanting geographical position, on the vertex of a pleasant hill (473 mt.), that rises in the centre of the Clitunno valley, the city has been defined ” Handrail of Umbria ”. Famous for the frescos of its churches, and its sanctuaries, which represent an important site for religious tourism, and an Umbrian spirituality still to be discovered. Montefalco was an inhabited centre since early antiquity. During the Roman era, the hill was populated by patrician villas, of which the memory remains in the toponyms: Assegnano, Camiano, Colverano, Rignano, Satriano, Vecciano. Numerous sculptures and epigraphs (Museo Comunale, Chiostro di San Fortunato) attest to the oldest and most unknown era of Montefalco.
- Church Museum of St. Francis: It represents a synthesis of the history, culture and tradition of Montefalco.
- Palazzo del Comune ( XIII – XIV cent.)
- Church of St. Philip Neri (XVIII cent.) today a theatre
- Oratory Ex church of Saint Mary of Plaza (XIII cent)
- Church of St. Lucia ( XII cent.)
- Church of St. Augustin– of the augustinian community. Here different painters have operated among which Ambrogio Lorenzetti and Bar-tholomew Caporali.
- Church of St.Illuminata (XVI cent.) embellished by frescos of Francis Melanzio and other umbrian painters .
- Church of St. Leonard– attached to a monastery of clarisse where a great cloth of the Melanzio can be seen.
- St. Claire of Montefalco– augustinian (1258 – 1309). In the Sanctuary the relics of the Saint and the chapel of Holy Cross, decorated in 1333 with frescos of exceptional value by the Umbrian School.